I am an Italian girl, a weird dancer, a chaos master.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

What about going to the fun fair?

Once upon a time even Marziotta went to school. She had a very old English teacher who tried to make her and her mates understand English, but did this in a very strange way. For example, one morning, she passed a whole hour on the most important English sentence, as she said. All the pupils had to repeat and repeat and repeat, together and one by one, What about going to the fun fair?. Never told it at the right manner.
I'm still asking myself what I was mistaking, and what's so difficult in this simple phrase. Sometimes it dingle in my head, without stopping. For whole hours.
If someone does know the importance of this sentence, could explain it to me? My best thanks in advance.

7 Comments:

Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

Wow. I've no clue what your teacher was trying to get across with that sentence. When they occur, fun fairs are usually hosted by an elementary school as a means of raising money for something such as playground equipment. They certainly aren't an every day type of event. I'm as lost as you are.

15 September, 2004 14:51

 
Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

Wow. I've no clue what your teacher was trying to get across with that sentence. When they occur, fun fairs are usually hosted by an elementary school as a means of raising money for something such as playground equipment. They certainly aren't an every day type of event. I'm as lost as you are.

15 September, 2004 14:51

 
Blogger marziotta said...

My teacher didn't explain this to me... I thought it was an ordinary luna park. Mmmmhhhh... She was crazy at all.

15 September, 2004 15:12

 
Blogger Katie said...

I am laughing about this being an important English sentence! I think maybe it's because it sounds a little confusing: What about going to the fun fair? If you say this you are suggesting "would you like to go to the fun fair?"

What is a fun fair? I don't know, I guess it could be a carnival or something. I don't know why that makes it important. You could easily make the same point by saying, "What about going to the movies" or "what about going out for dinner?" Why does it have to be the fun fair??

15 September, 2004 15:56

 
Blogger marziotta said...

It was important to say it in the right way. She said that if we were able to say that sentence we could be able to say everything in the right way. I think there are sentences more difficult to say... uot abaut goin tu de fan feir? is quite simple to say

15 September, 2004 16:07

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I asked to my girlfriend, graduated in English, and she told me that she never heard it. Perhaps your old teacher likes whiskey, too?
Freddie

16 September, 2004 10:30

 
Blogger marziotta said...

Perhaps she did... perhaps she was crazy... perhaps her lungs (polmoni - I had to search it on dictionary) troubles gave her allucinations...
She was very old and - forgot to tell - very sick.

16 September, 2004 10:42

 

Post a Comment

<< Home