I am an Italian girl, a weird dancer, a chaos master.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Au Revoir, Darling Granny

I've got only one living grandparent, but she doesn't like me very much. She lives quite far (in Switzerland, near Lugano) and argued too much with mom (her daughter).
You must know I am a person who needs to love so much, and cannot live without a granny at all. So, I usually adopt one as often as I can. The last was Gina, my boyfriend one. She was a nice old lady, very tiny. Even if she was tired of living, she had always a smile for me. I often kept her hands in mine, kissed her cheeks, and tried to talk to her even if she didn't hear well and didn't understand all I said (she knew better dialect than Italian... and I am dialect-phobic).
Good bye, Granny. Have a nice trip to heaven. I'll keep you in my heart, for ever and ever.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Blues said...

an hug for you, my sweet friend...
I live whithout granny since 1999 and I miss them very much, but their memory will be always in my heart...

20 September, 2004 10:39

 
Blogger marziotta said...

You are lovely, Freddie...

20 September, 2004 10:48

 
Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

How very sad. A kiss for you on your tear-stained cheek.

Both my grandmothers passed when I was quite small, but like you, I had several "substitutes" along the way. Even they are all gone now. You will be in my thoughts today.

-G.

20 September, 2004 14:28

 
Blogger marziotta said...

I didn't cry a lot, because I knew that finishing to live her daily boring routine could only be a relief for her. Only cried when I saw her, when I gave her the last greeting, the last kiss. Thank you so much, Garrison...

20 September, 2004 14:39

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww! I'm sorry for your loss. My maternal grandmother is still around, thankfully! My email addy is finelyspungirl AT yahoo.ca

21 September, 2004 01:07

 
Blogger marziotta said...

Darth Mic...
Don't ask yourself what you can do... start doing something...

I'd like there could be something to do with my true grandmother, but I fear it's a struggle I cannot win. She doesn't want to hear from me, and her son (my half-uncle, his father is not my grandfather) doesn't too. I wrote him many letters, never got a reply.

21 September, 2004 11:09

 
Blogger Katie said...

Aw, that is such a sweet, sad story. I'm so sorry for your loss. I miss my grandmother (and grandfather) very much also.

22 September, 2004 16:19

 
Blogger marziotta said...

I'm happy I knew her. She gave me something special. Nothing I can explain with words, but so important...

22 September, 2004 18:24

 

Post a Comment

<< Home