I am an Italian girl, a weird dancer, a chaos master.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Si Stava Meglio Quando Si Stava Peggio
(It was better when it was worst)

Here in Italy we have a large amount of proverbs and common sentences. One of the most repeated, of the most strange and, absolutely, one of the most true in each situation is Si stava meglio quando si stava peggio that literally means that in old times, when we had a lot of problems, was better than now, with less problems but...
But... the situation where I work is very sad. Not because we weren't paid for a while, not because the office will be transfered 150 km away from here. We used to be a group, a beautiful group, the best you can find. We passed on huge troubles, we did it when noone intended to bet on us. We worked a lot, but it was funny and satisfing to work together.
Now, with a new director, everything has changed. The strength we have had is lost forever. Now everyone will follow his way (to success I hope, because we are great persons). I want to remember us joking and smiling.
Lately I'm quite nostalgic... it's not a feeling I'm used to. But I'm full of hope, too... so don't worry about me!

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I hope everything works out well for you at work! It is difficult when things change but hopefully the change will be good.

23 September, 2004 20:10

 
Blogger Dr. Blues said...

I lived your same situation about two years ago. It was the second half of 2002, the end of great group that we named "Pollaio". We worked together for three years, three amazing years. Then the company has been sold and a new manager arrived... The result is that of the 120 persons who worked there, now there are about 70. The environment is definitely worse and "Pollaio" (as office) doesn't exist anymore... But the "Accademy" (you know I'm talking about) is alway alive!!!

24 September, 2004 09:54

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought of the day:
"Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson: you find the present tense, but the past perfect!"
~Owens Lee Pomeroy

;-)

Roberto (wrh)

24 September, 2004 21:40

 
Blogger marziotta said...

Thank you, guys!
Today I have a job meeting in an advertising agency... hope it will go well. There I also have one friend, Vittoria, a nice and polite girl. Cross your fingers... and stay tuned!

27 September, 2004 09:19

 
Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

GOOD LUCK! PLEASE drop by or send me an email to let me know how it goes! I will be thinking of you all day!

-G.

27 September, 2004 13:08

 
Blogger marziotta said...

Do not worry Garrison! I'll go to this meeting in 2 hours. Tomorrow (tonight, for you) I'll inform you... it could be in a comment, in a mail, or in a post, but surely I will do!
Thanks for the interest...

27 September, 2004 16:07

 

Post a Comment

<< Home