I am an Italian girl, a weird dancer, a chaos master.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

A world of curses and chains


A night, last winter, I started reading the first 10 issues of Spawn, a Comics by Todd Mc Farlane. My Gosh, this Al Simmons, involved in an evil tie with Malebolgia, fascinated me so bloody much! His chains, his continued thoughts about her wife, the sadness because she is married with his friend Terry... It's simply marvellous!
I've fallen into this world. Started seeing chains in real life.
Then discovered a few about Todd Story. He founded Image Comics to treat right all the people who was exploited by majors like Marvel. But then tried to exploit others, too. The machine doesn't work. Who gains money always wants to gain more.
I promised to myself I'll read something by Neil Gaiman, one of the persons that Todd used too much.
I feel just like I was betrayed.

5 Comments:

Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

Those are EXCELLENT comics. The machine seems to be quite wicked, though. That's exactly why Bill Waterson stopped drawing Calving & Hobbes.

There's an article in USA Today's Pop Candy about a comic convention held in the Boston area. The article is done like a comic book rather than a regular news article. I don't know if it will make any sense for you or not.

-G

07 October, 2004 19:14

 
Blogger marziotta said...

Couldn't Bill work on his own? No chances?

About the comicolumn... it's great... I love the page with the face of the girl framed in 4 squares, each one coloured with a different style. My awful knowings of English didn't allow me to understand everything. I'm used to read romances and manuals, not comics, in your language. Damn.

08 October, 2004 08:59

 
Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

By the time he quit, he was very upset with the whole industry. He went into painting for a while. I'm not sure what he's doing now.

Is there something from the article I can help explain for you?

-G

08 October, 2004 14:30

 
Blogger marziotta said...

There is nothing I cannot understand at all... it's my level of attention that doen't allow me to connect what there's written in the different balloons. I must read some Eng comics to train my mind!

08 October, 2004 14:33

 
Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

LOL. Sounds like a good way to spend some liesure time.

-G

08 October, 2004 14:51

 

Post a Comment

<< Home