I am an Italian girl, a weird dancer, a chaos master.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

I Love Train


You might think I am crazy, but it's true. I love train. It allows me to read!
In two weeks I read three books! Two are by Italian authors, will someone translate them?
First. La nottte dei pitagorici (Pitagoric Night maybe the translation) by Claudio Asciuti. Italian SF. Simply great. I swear it. World is divided in two kinds of people... Iron Shirts and Puckishes. Claudio cite a lot of music and philosophy and art. I loved this book. Really. I hope that it will be translated in each foreign language.... but I fear it won't be.
Second. Amata per caso (Accidentally loved maybe) by Stefano Zecchi. A book for girls. It talks about Malini, an Indian children that was sold by her mother. She lives a lot of troubles, but goes on. It's a book that gives courage.
Third. Alta Fedeltà High Fidelity by Nick Hornby. I had great expectations, after reading Nick's "About A Boy". I was waiting fo r a book that talked about great feelings and modern society. I found a book, simple to read, but there happens nothing at all. It seems that the true solution to make the world turn in the right way is "to do nothing, to change nothing". Bad, damn!
Have you got some special book to suggest me? I have so much time to spend reading!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marzia

Here are some books I can suggest. I believe they have all been translated into Italian.

Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl. The true story of a psychiatrist who survived World War II.

Crow Lake, by Mary Lawson. A great novel about a woman who must deal with the problems of her past (not just for girls).

Stardust by Neil Gaiman. A very good fantasy/sf story.

Anything written by James Burke. Burke writes about history and science in a very interesting and unusual way. You will feel like a genius after finishing one of his stories.

I hope that helps!
Proprio

12 March, 2005 03:35

 
Blogger marziotta said...

Thanks Proprio! I didn't know about Viktor Frankl and Mary Lawson. I like when novels involve history, and it's not necessary to read books for women. I love to read each kind of things.
About Neil Gaiman. I intend to read something he wrote. The fact he wrote also comics and cooperated in a number of Spawn (I never read it! I must find it! it must be a Christmas tale) by Todd McFarlane.
Burke... I'll remember him.
Proprio, you are very kind!
Come back if you wish. Leave an address, an email, or anything else!

12 March, 2005 09:08

 
Blogger Katie said...

Have you read "Foucault's Pendulum"? I am reading it now. It is a book that was originally written in Italian and translated into English. It's really interesting!

14 March, 2005 18:16

 
Blogger marziotta said...

Katie...
I must read this book by Umberto Eco. You're not the first one who suggests me to do so!
Kisses...

14 March, 2005 21:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home