I am an Italian girl, a weird dancer, a chaos master.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Mom Discovered Internet

What a mess! I don't know what happens there in UK and US, but I'm sure your tech level is quite high. Here in Italy, it seems that if you are older than 25, you cannot understand anything about the World Wide Web.
I tried to explain mom how to use Internet. The only thing she wanted to learn was how to chat. No Google research, no blog, nothing. To chat. I saw her while chatting. She puts on a big brown pair of glasses, starts glaring at the screen as she is looking in the absolute vacuum, tries to read what other write and... doen't write anything at all!
Fortunately, chat times are passed for me. I used to do this in 1998. It seems two or three lives ago.
How many different lives are there in your existence?
I had several ones. I'll describe them soon...

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Blues said...

I noticed only now that your presence in this blog is quite higher than the italian one!!! How are you scream?
I miss you!!! :-)

27 January, 2005 09:35

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marzia

nice to hear from you again!
Roberto
(windrosehotel.splinder.com)

27 January, 2005 10:37

 
Blogger marziotta said...

Freddie...
it's because I don't like so much splinder.
Blogger is better!
I can choose my own password.
I'll try to post in the Italian one too.

WindRose...
nice to see you!

27 January, 2005 13:09

 
Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

At least your mother is willing to try SOMETHING. Mine wouldn't even do email!

:)

-G

27 January, 2005 18:31

 
Blogger marziotta said...

Garrison...
Email? Mom doesn't know what emails are.
I asked her what she wants to do. She wants to chat and to spy what I do. But if I am answering to an email or posting a message on a blog, there's nothing I can teach her.
She doesn't want to make me questions, except for chat (she even phones me at work, because she cannot enter). I wonder why.

27 January, 2005 19:11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home