I am an Italian girl, a weird dancer, a chaos master.

Friday, December 17, 2004

iMac

Merlino, my laptop, often abandones me. The hard disk start knocking and the computer stops working.
Today I gave a look to Apple site. a Power Book costs so much! with 1 GB RAM, a 250 GB HD, and the 20 inches cinema screen costs 3658 euros, something near to 4000 bucks.
Instead an iMac, that strange screen that contains inside the computer, with the same skills, costs 2409 euros, around 2600 dollars.
I'd like to have an apple at home.
I'd like to work at home.
Now I'm working for the graphic agency I talked about two months ago... but things are not going as I wished.
Things never go as someone wish, I suppose.
I'd like to work for many people, I'd like to learn different things.
I want to grow up. Grow up what I know, grow up my mind, grow up my feelings.

4 Comments:

Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

Wow! Why are they so expensive there? You might look for getting a G4 PowerBook instead of a G5. The difference between the to isn't much and the G4 should be a LOT cheaper!

-G

17 December, 2004 17:23

 
Blogger Katie said...

Welcome back!!! I'm so happy to see you! :)

17 December, 2004 23:25

 
Blogger marziotta said...

I want a great machine, Garrison. I'm bored of computers that don't follow my orders. I work on a G4 at work, and it has a lot of troubles that simply disappear when working on a G5 (other colleagues has got G5 PowerMac).
I want to use the best programs, to be the fastest.
So, my new iMac will be useful for a lot of time.
I must wait till January 20th to have it... here in Italy we have got so much to wait. Damn.

Katie... I'm back... but you gotta wait a few for the next post. I brought Merlino to the doctor. If the problem is only the hard disk, a few days after Xmas he will be sane. If mother board (is it the right term?) is the real trouble, I gotta give him the last greet. Pray with me.

20 December, 2004 09:16

 
Blogger marziotta said...

I booked my new G5! It will arrive January 10th!
Instead Merlino is still under the fingers of the doctor. He scratched all the things there were on the hard disk to find broken clusters and similars that could stop the right functionality of my laptop. I'll try to get some informations about him, but this afternoon I must go to Verona to find my best friend Luca, and cannot go and help him to pass this awful moment.
It's an awful moment for me too, but it's another story and I will tell you this another time... (is this the same sentence of "Neverending History"? I read it in Italian, and am not sure the translations sounds exactly as I wanted)

29 December, 2004 11:17

 

Post a Comment

<< Home